Saturday, June 21, 2008

On the road

We are at the beach!

What an eventful trip. The 7 kids as a whole, were really good for a 6 1/2 hour trip. It helps that we stopped for gas and a potty break and let the kids pick out their own snack.
My two were very much into vacation mode. J selected a honey bun, gummy worms and a Gatorade. C selected candy corn and gummy worms with his Gatorade.

Babycakes loves my boys. She had to have candy "carrots" like C. He is very sweet to her and she loves to bat her eyes in his direction, which he thinks is too funny. There is a 9 year age difference. ( The same as Lawyer and his wife). These 2 better wait at least 20 years before we need to send the engagement announcements.

As we were heading over the BIG bridge, we rolled down all windows to let in the sea air. Babycakes had just woken from a nap and was very excited about being close to the beach.
All of a sudden she lets out several blood curdling screams.
Then starts screaming, "My dankie! Its you fault it blew out da window. That was my favorite dankie!"

I was totally confused, the blanket had slipped from her lap and was laying on the floor.

I tried to explain, but she was too busy screaming that "it had flown out da window!"

I finally reached back and placed "dankie" back in her lap.

No response. Just such relief on that little face. I couldn't have my future daughter-in-law associating me with such a painful childhood memory.
Dankies out da windows. Beach trip 2008.

No comments: